A remarkably versatile venue
The Gasometer Pforzheim is a fascinating industrial monument – a historic floating bell gas holder that is over 100 years old, 40 m high and 40 m in diameter. It is one of the last buildings of its kind in Germany. Once threated with demolition, it has now been rescued, lovingly restored, upgraded with high quality modern architecture and re-equipped for the future. The result is the new tourist attraction in the “golden city” of Pforzheim – the Gasometer Pforzheim, a unique exhibition and event location.
The 360° panorama PERGAMON - PANORAMA OF THE ANTIQUE METROPOLIS by Yadegar Asisi is the artist's third work in the Gasometer Pforzheim after ROM 312 and GREAT BARRIER REEF. The exhibition is the result of a unique cooperation between the Classical Collection of the Berlin State Museums and Yadegar Asisi. The focus is on the over 3,500 m2 large circular painting by Yadegar Asisi, which condenses the city and society of Pergamon in a walk-in art space and brings it to life. In the accompanying tour of the exhibition, installations, exhibits and reproductions link the current state of research with the work of a contemporary artist.
The Gasometer offers a number of different rooms that provide ideal venues for top class events.
From fine dining to our exclusive bar with show and band... there are virtually no limits to the possibilities for unforgettable events at Gasometer Pforzheim.
- Exhibition level: 500 persons seated in rows, 450 m2 and 6m high
- Panorama level: 865 m² and 32 m high at the centre of the 360° panorama
- 500 persons at banqueting tables / 650 persons at standing tables
- Bistro: 80 m² for up to 80 persons
- Roof terrace: 80 m² for breaks and receptions
Monday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
Tuesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
Wednesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
Thursday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and public holidays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
Different opening times for special events.
- Motorway junction A8 – Pforzheim Ost (3.0 km)
- Pforzheim main railway station (2 km)
- Free parking in our own underground car park and at the Gasometer entrance
- Accommodation available in the 4 * superior “Parkhotel Pforzheim” (2 km)