A remarkably versatile venue
The Gasometer Pforzheim is a fascinating industrial monument – a historic floating bell gas holder that is over 100 years old, 40 m high and 40 m in diameter. It is one of the last buildings of its kind in Germany. Once threated with demolition, it has now been rescued, lovingly restored, upgraded with high quality modern architecture and re-equipped for the future. The result is the new tourist attraction in the “golden city” of Pforzheim – the Gasometer Pforzheim, a unique exhibition and event location.
The 360° panorama of the coral reef in front of Australia presents the unique underwater world of the reef in all its fragile beauty and complexity. The colourfulness and richness of detail of Yadegar Asisi's giant circular image will also show you the uniqueness of creation beneath the sea surface.
You can look forward to diving into this submarine world in the Gasometer Pforzheim. You will discover the fascinating refraction of sunlight under water in a colour rush from all shades of blue, azure and green and experience the yellow, red and pink shades of corals and marine animals.
The Gasometer offers a number of different rooms that provide ideal venues for top class events.
From fine dining to our exclusive bar with show and band... there are virtually no limits to the possibilities for unforgettable events at Gasometer Pforzheim.
- Exhibition level: 500 persons seated in rows, 450 m2 and 6m high
- Panorama level: 865 m² and 32 m high at the centre of the 360° panorama
- 500 persons at banqueting tables / 650 persons at standing tables
- Bistro: 80 m² for up to 80 persons
- Roof terrace: 80 m² for breaks and receptions
- Motorway junction A8 – Pforzheim Ost (3.0 km)
- Pforzheim main railway station (2 km)
- Free parking in our own underground car park and at the Gasometer entrance
- Accommodation available in the 4 * superior “Parkhotel Pforzheim” (2 km)