The German Wine Gate
Gateway to the Palatinate – for 80 years
This 18 metre tall building has been the starting point and trademark of the German Wine Route since 1936. Situated directly on the border with Alsace, the impressive ensemble of buildings is surrounded by vineyards with views stretching from the Black Forest to the Vosges. A bold marketing idea, a successful role model and a tourist magnet since its inception.
The German Wine Gate for professionals
Event location for 2 to 2000 guests offering both hearty and fine cuisine
Today, the parent company of the synonymous wine estate cooperative is run by accomplished, modern restaurateurs. The motto of the wine: “It’s alive!” And if you like to experience it live, you’ve come to the right place: Attractive programme of events: www.weintor.live and, of course, customer parties. In fact, guests often combine the two: the customer special meets the “pre-packaged” show ... This is where they take place: from glamorous events in “black tie” to barbecue parties in lumberjack shirts. And here you will find a versatile and flexible location: the presentation in the exclusive rotunda or the fire show directly beneath the Wine Gate – or both? We implement your ideas. Targeted, cost-effective, reliable.
Ensuring your day is a success for us both.
- Fine dining restaurant (50 seats)
Cuisine: Palatine-Alsatian crossover
- Registry office of the town of Bad Bergzabern (30 seats)
- Vinotheque (50 seats)
- Rotunda with panoramic view, balcony, stage (150 seats for your day)
- The most beautiful terrace in the Southern Palatinate (500 seats) - the Wine Gate Courtyard (1000 seats) Covered outdoor seating for up to 400, uncovered for up to 2x 1000 seats
- Wi-fi, conference technology, 2 open-air stages
- up to 400 parking spaces + 10 for buses
- plus the unique German Wine Gate (20 seats at a height of 12 meters... ;-)
- in the heart of Schweigen-Rechtenbach (small hotels)
- 1 km from Wissembourg (France) train station and hotels;
(transfer by Grenzlandbähnchen railway)
- 7 km from Bad Bergzabern (station – large hotels)
- a good half hour from Karlsruhe, Strasbourg, Landau
- and a good hour from Mannheim, Kaiserslautern, ...